Amos Trust has been heavily invested in a string of advocacy campaigns since its creation 30 years ago.
Our current focus is on promoting the need for a just peace for Palestine and full rights for all those, whether Palestinian or Israeli, who call the historic land of Palestine home.
We seek to:
• raise awareness of the situation that Palestinians face today and the breaches of international law and international human rights
• educate people on why this is the case; on the way in which the Bible has been misused to justify this; on the role that the UK and international community has played, and continues to play, in supporting this situation and on why it is so important to achieve a just, long-term resolution, not only for Palestinians and Israelis but for the whole middle East
• invite people to join campaign activities to:
– challenge the Israeli occupation of the West Bank,
– end the blockade of Gaza
– challenge the continued expansion of settlement building,
– end our government’s refusal to implement international law.