We regularly run trips to South Africa to visit Umthombo Street Children's work among street children in Durban. We take groups of adult supporters as well as special family trips tailored for families with children.
During these trips, Amos supporters have the opportunity to
- meet the team and spend time with street children
- find out why children are on the streets
- find out more about South African life and the legacy of apartheid
- go on safari at St Lucia Wetlands - a world conservation area
- think through the issues and have daily reflections based around the writing of Archbishop Desmond Tutu
- enjoy Durban's beaches, go to local markets, go whale watching and much, much more
Supporter trip - Please contact Sarah in the Amos Office to be put on an e-mailing list for notification about the next trip, which is tbc in 2014.
Family Trip - We regularly run these trips during the school summer holidays, and can tailor dates to suit your family. You can read about one family's experiences in this Sunday Times article here. To find out more, contact Sarah at the Amos Office.